Get: "icc2000.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows..." after installing and dialing a valid access telephone number using newly installed Roadrunner (internet connection) Acess Dialer. Get dial tones and modem access tones, then the icc2000.exe error message. When attempting it a second time without rebooting I get an error message that says that another application is using the designated modem. If I reboot, the modem is available but I am back to the icc2000.exe error message.

RR Tech support told me to uninstall and resinstall their dialer software...did that and got same problem.
Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There should be some problem with the compatibility of the program ... contact the vendor support if possible.

I did...they said to uninstall and reinstall the dailing access software.

I could not find anything on the Microsoft web site for "icc2000.exe" sp I posted this query here.

I just ran into this problem myself and after 2 attempts at contacting RR tech support, I found someone who just might have been bright enuf 2 help me.

Here's what they said to do:

Update with security patch @ www.help.rr.com/hmscontent/default.aspx

Relates to Microsoft Article 824301 which doesn't call out ICC2000.exe error but similar errors.

Hope it helps someone!!

I had the same problem on my Win2000 machine and the patch posted fixed the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.