Anyone else experiencing this? I have a large number of folders that use a file extension as part of the name. For some inexplicable reason, when Windows updated recently, all of those extensions are not showing. Mind you, they are still there in the property sheet, but not in the file explorer (this is Windows 10). Is this fixable? Also, why in the HELL would Windows even bother to do this? Like any sane person, I have my files set to show file extensions and this seems not to have changed. I am simply baffled by the stupidity of MS. Also, of course, the updates have again removed my Windows 7 games and 'fixed' things so that move/copy to folder doesn't show in the context menu, but those are easily fixable. <sigh>

I suspect the "hide extensions" option in Explorer has been turned back on. Go to folder options and deselect it and see if that fixes the problem.

Yes, it's MS stupidity to have that enabled by default. Or even to have the option (IMO).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.