Hi all,

This is my first post here so please be patient!

When I open internet explorer page (after connection to the net via dial up [which connects fine]) it displays the DNS error page stating that it cannot display the website etc and cannot connect. This is also the same with MSM!

Any ideas?? What info do you need to help with this??

There seems to be a lot of crap on the computer (including a start up program called msbb which i cant seem to stop running as a serive when pressing crtl+alt+delete).

I really need a fix to this one quick as its my aunts pc and she is not happy!!

Thnx

S:sad:

When I open internet explorer page (after connection to the net via dial up [which connects fine]) it displays the DNS error page stating that it cannot display the website etc and cannot connect. This is also the same with MSN!

Any ideas?? What info do you need to help with this?

MSBB is part of a known spyware installation, and can be removed with Ad-aware or Spybot Search & Destroy (Ad-aware is easier, Spybot - S & D is more powerful). Make sure to download the updated data files, as well. You may have to download these and burn them to a CD at a different machine.

If you are unable to connect after the cleanup, let us know. I don't want to overload you, first pass.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.