When i go on a website where i want to download something IE 6.0 won't show the download icon. icons which have links to other websites work its just the ones which u click to download files. Any ideas guys???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When i go on a website where i want to download something IE xploer 6.0 wont show the download icon whether. icons which have links to other websites work--it's just the ones which u click to download files.

No direct idea (you may have been hijacked), but try this as a test and work-around: right-click on the link and select Save Target As... from the drop-down menu and see if that works. The first thing you should test it on is HijackThis (for the instructions--you may have to download from one of the listed mirrors). Follow the instructions, and see my article (link below) for more information, then post the log here.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 4\PopupStopper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\FlashGet\flashget.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis1977\HijackThis.exe

That is an incomplete log.

Please rerun Hijack This and repost, and someone can help you out :)

And do this before you run hijackthis again and then post a new ,full log .

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Unzip HijackThis into this folder. When you run HijackThis from this folder and have it "Fixed checked" it will create a backup file of modifications to use if restore is necessary.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.