My system restore has stopped working. I think it is linked to a Javascript problem, anything requiring Javascript stopped working in internet explorer (you could click on the link as much as you liked but got nothing). I installed Mozilla Firefox and replaced iinternet explorer so that solved the problem with web pages but it didn't solve the system restore problem. Although the system restore page will come up it's totally blank. I've tried downloading from the Java website but to no avail. I'm lost and beaten - can anyone help?:cry:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It seems to me like there is some underlying reason why Javascript stopped working on your machine. What is bad is that the Windows kernel itself (the core of Windows) is based on Internet Explorer :-/ explorer.exe vs iexplore.exe ...... which means if your IE is corrupt, parts of your Windows may be too :( Have you tried doing a repair on Internet Explorer via the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel?

Thanks for the reply. I've re-installed windows scripting from the Microsoft website and now have a working System restore. I'm sticking with Mozilla as my browser though :)

Thanks for the reply. I've re-installed windows scripting from the Microsoft website and now have a working System restore. I'm sticking with Mozilla as my browser though :)

Hey Dan, where did you go to fix this? I am having the exact same problem, and coincidently I did the exact same thing you did. I installed Mozilla Firefox because I don't wish to use IE anymore, and funny enough I know I was able to use System Restore for a while after I had done so, because i was tweaking out my system with TweakXP and have created a good number of Restore Points.

Yet, I'm now getting that blank screen deal when I try to run System Recover, and I'm pretty certain it's the script problem you found out.

I went onto the Microsoft website, clicked on download, then entered 'javascript' in the search page. I think it was the ie6 update patch - the clue given by the administrator about the windows explorer and ie6 kernel being the same sorted it out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.