Hi, I recently installed a piece of software on my laptop. Following this I restarted the computer, and now it take ages to restart, switch off and turn on. Generally the computer is running extremely slowly.
Moreover, the computer now has an appearance more like windows 95/98 rather than XP, what is this how can i fix it?
I can't do anything with the computer, it's really slow, doesn't load and i cannot use IE!
I know that it is XP 'cos it says so!
HELP PLEASE!!:o :!:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, I recently installed a piece of software on my laptop. Following this I restarted the computer, and now it take ages to restart, switch off and turn on. Generally the computer is running extremely slowly.
Moreover, the computer now has an appearance more like windows 95/98 rather than XP, what is this how can i fix it?
I can't do anything with the computer, it's really slow, doesn't load and i cannot use IE!
I know that it is XP 'cos it says so!
HELP PLEASE!!:o :!:

What piece of software .???

What piece of software .???

It was a game Diablo II, I had trouble with the instalation aswell the CDs weren't installing anything. But it was after i restarted it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.