I have tried rolling WMP 11 back to WMP 10 but it doesn't seem to want to do anything.

I went to the Add/Remove Programs and then went to Windows Media Player 11 and then Change/Remove and gone through the process and it says "Rolling back was successful" (or something along those lines) but when I go back to the Add/Remove Programs window, WMP 11 is still there and so is that damn Framework! When I try to remove that one, it says I have to uninstall WMP !!! But it won't let me rollback !!! :eek: ARGGGHHHH! I think I'm gonna go mad! LOL

I don't know what else to do and I really don't want WMP 11 because it's causing too many problems, so if anybody has any idea about this, please reply back. I will be ever greatful !!! ;) Thank yoooo!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Cristalle

Also, this is what I get when I try to watch media on the NET. The media doesn't load, it just stands blank and it has the ironic caption in the bottom left corner of 'Ready'. When I press Play it just doesn't do anything. At other times, the box doesn't even load [See both attachments]

Attachments WMP1.JPG 11.3 KB WMP2.JPG 5.89 KB

Have you tried revoving windows media player altogether with add/remove Windows components and then installing WMP 10?

Have you tried revoving windows media player altogether with add/remove Windows components and then installing WMP 10?

Yeah, I just tried it and I got a box saying, There is a more recent version of WMP installed on your computer. Setup will not continue.

Damn!

And, when you uninstall WMP11 you will still need to mauanlly remove the base WMP folder in program files, then install 10 again.

And, when you uninstall WMP11 you will still need to mauanlly remove the base WMP folder in program files, then install 10 again.

I don't think it's possible to unistall WMP because it's part of Windows. And as I said before I can't uninstall it anyway from the Add/Remove Programs because it just comes back with the roll back and doesn't do anything after.

You can uninstall it from add/remove if you check "windows components' - you can also remove OE and MSM.

You can uninstall it from add/remove if you check "windows components' - you can also remove OE and MSM.

LOL, what's OE and MSM? Sorry, I'm just not that great with alliteration or whatever it's called, LOL.

Erm, I tried removing WMP from the components and then I went to Program Files to delete the base files but it keep on saying it's in use when it's clearly not. :-S

If it say it's in use I would check the running processes and if you see WMP I0 would exit out of it (task mamanger) - then download WMP 10 directly. Alternatively you could doa repai install of XP after the WMP deletion and it should roll back to WMP 9 then you could install WMP 10 over that.

I know it's not in use because I can't see it in the Processes list. :( I don't know what to do. It's just sitting there unused and I don't want any unneccessary junk on my computer.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.