Can you have anything in your inbox showing you replied to an email without having to open the message? As in Yahoo has the envelope with the arrow. If so how? I have looked but not been able to find anything. I have Outlook 2003. If there isn't, please post so I do not wonder and continue to post. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Williow,
When you are viewing your inbox messages, you should see a blue arrow pointing to the right for messages that have been forwarded and a purple arrow pointing to the left for replied messages. These arrows are located in the right had corner of the envelope. If this is not what you are talking about please clarify.

AJZ

No, I am wondering if when viewing the front page of the inbox if you can put something to say if has been replied to without opening the email. For now I have placed flags by the ones I have replied to as I am not sure I want to make folders for thses emails.

Yes you can I have upload a picture of what I was trying to explain. The red arrow (in the picture) is pointing the blue and purple arrows I mentioned above.

AJZ

That is what I want, how do I add this?

I figured it out. Thanks so much for your help.

Can you send me a screen capture of what you are looking at? I did not think that was a feature that could be turned off or on. Most likely, it is your current view that is stopping you from seeing it.

AJZ

Glad I was able to help.....

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yes you can I have upload a picture of what I was trying to explain. The red arrow (in the picture) is pointing the blue and purple arrows I mentioned above.

AJZ

You do realise everyone can see your email address that you so conviently blocked out (not) ;)
Hi alfred. (Sorrie just being pedantic)

Oopsie!

Per user request, attachment removed. Attached is the same attachment in image format.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.