Ok guys I have a situation that im hoping someone can help me with. I just bought a laptop and want to be able to sync data between my computers. I am willing to take any suggestions on this. Here is how my personal home network is setup. I have two desktops, one is my main computer and the other is a server running win2k3 that isn’t setup for anything (but am willing to use it for anything). Right now I have a script that runs at 3am that backup my main computer to my server.

So what I want is to have my data on my laptop sync up, get all my files in My Documents, with my desktop when I log into it. Then be able to take my laptop to Starbucks or some place to do work and have all my files. Then when I get back home log into my laptop have my changed documents sync up. I hope that’s not confusing.

So im not sure if I need to use software for this or if setting my server for something, like a domain, will work. I thought about setting up my own domain w/o roaming profiles and redirecting My Documents. But I don’t think I will be able to get to my files on my laptop when im away from my home. Am I wrong here?

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

~Jay~

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You might get quicker help over in the networking section.
Networking

You might get quicker help over in the networking section.
Networking

Thanks ill go repost it over there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.