I am using Windows Me. i have never had this problem before. When I try to run scandisk it says it suggest I close some running programs because something is writing to the drive which is preventing it from doing its thing. When I try to defrag the puter it just stays on 0% for a really long time. I have no idea what is running or writing to the drive. I was a little confused on the 2 replys on my other question so I thought I would try once again. PLeaassee Help me!!

I'm sorry if our replies in you earlier thread seemed confusing, but instead of starting another separate thread on exactly the same subject, please continue posting any questions you have regarding the problem in your original thread.

I'm closing this thread so that any help you do get from here on doesn't end up getting spit between this thread and your original thread- thanks for understanding.

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.