My computer has recently just stopped working... I came back to my computer after leaving the room and it froze up, so I restarted it.

Every time the system tries to load Windows it restarts again

Even if I try to load up with Safe Mode or Last known working settings or start windows normally they end up restarting the computer. The black screen with the windows xp logo and the mini bar with that blue line whizzing accross appears then it restarts for all the options above.

Anyone know a way of getting my system back online without losing my data, Ive got to a point where I can install windows again but I fear I will lose my data.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have your OS disk, then re-install Windows XP, that will fix it, or try restoring your computer to when Window started correctly.

If you have your OS disk, then re-install Windows XP, that will fix it, or try restoring your computer to when Window started correctly.

Thanks

but if I re-install Windows wont I lose all my data

You could try booting into the rescue console from you install disk. From there the automatic repair utility might be a ble to fix things. Even if not, you might be able to fix it manually or at least be able to poke around for clues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.