Hi there,

I'm new to the board & I really really hope someone here can help me.

I've been having this problem on & off for about 3 wks. now & I initially thought it was the new MSN messenger b/c that was the last thing I DLed, but I uninstalled it & reinstalled it without their toolbar & I'm still getting the problems listed below.

First off I'm on Win 2000 prof. running IE 6.0

I keep getting this blue search bar underneath the address bar & just below the word "links" (I can send you a screen shot)

It has different topics besides the search field like online jobs, pay per click, at home jobs, entertainment etc.

I can't get rid of it no matter how hard I try.

Yes I have AD aware & now even have Spybot & nothing is helping.

Some times Ad Aware gets rid of it, but than a few hours or days later it is back.

It also shakes my browser window whenever I start doing things on the site I'm viewing.

The next problem is even worse.

I will link from a site, e-mail or even manually type in an URL in the address field & instead of it going to that site, it shows my temp file under document & setting, local settings, administrator, temp & then the name "meal way close" & right after that, the URL of the site I was trying to get to.

It totally blocks me from getting onto those sites. (I have a screenshot of this too)

Yesterday it was actually closing down that window & instead placing popups from date.ca & than ebay.

I don't understand why it's doing it on some sites & not all.

I can't work & I'm wasting time trying to find out what it is & I'm getting really pissed off.

I've searched the entire computer for this meal way close & jugs idle road & have found nothing.

The search bar can manually be closed & it seems to be called "jugs idle road", but it will come back up the next time I visit a new site.

HELP is all I can say.

Thanks so much :rolleyes:

Michelle

Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (not a temporary folder & not on the desktop). Start HJT & press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.