Motherboard: ASUS
CPU: AMD 2000+ 1.666 GHZ
CPU Fan: Vantec Aeroflow
Memory: Samsung 768MB
Video Card: Nvidia 5200 128MB
Soundcard: Creative SB LIVE
Operating System: Windows 2000 SP4
DirectX: Version 9.0

I have problems with computer freeze up and auto restart when I play games or playing a loading amount of songs in my winamp playlist.
For playing games I play like BF1942(battlefield 1942) or RON(Rise of Nations) with the upgrades and get freeze up and then it automatically restarts by itself.

On Winamp I use a shoutcast plugin and the player itself. I get a freeze up when I play a long duration of Mp3s. For example I play about 12 songs and when the 12th song is over to go on to the next one it freezes and I have to restart again. I can't do Crtl-Alt-DEL, I have to reset is from the reset button. Also I play like about 1800 songs in my playlist.

What is the problem? Can somebody help me? Can it be an heat issue? I bought one of the best fans for my cpu as it's a vantec Aeroflow.

-Yoshi:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have problems with computer freeze up and auto restart when I play games or playing a loading amount of songs in my winamp playlist.
For playing games I play like BF1942 (battlefield 1942) or RON (Rise of Nations) with the upgrades and get freeze up and then it automatically restarts by itself.

On Winamp I use a shoutcast plugin and the player itself. I get a freeze up when I play a long duration of Mp3s. For example I play about 12 songs and when the 12th song is over to go on to the next one it freezes and I have to restart again. I can't do Crtl-Alt-DEL, I have to reset is from the reset button. Also I play like about 1800 songs in my playlist.

What is the problem? Can somebody help me? Can it be an heat issue? I bought one of the best fans for my cpu as it's a vantec Aeroflow.

The current version of DirectX is 9.0b -- make sure it's up to date.

To monitor temperatures, try MotherBoard Monitor. If you can't do it that way for some reason, the next time it locks up or restarts itself, reset it and immediately go to the page in the BIOS that monitors voltages and temperatures to see if the temps or voltage are off-kilter.

Make sure your memory DIMMs are secure in their sockets. You would be surprised at how often they are not properly seated -- and how often this causes problems.

You should use MemTest86 to test your RAM, which could still be the problem, based on the symptoms.

This is taken from the memtest86 site .

Troubleshooting Memory Errors
Please be aware that not all errors reported by Memtest86 are due to bad memory. The test implicitly tests the CPU, L1 and L2 caches as well as the motherboard. It is impossible for the test to determine what causes the failure to occur. However, most failures will be due to a problem with memory module. When it is not, the only option is to replace parts until the failure is corrected.

Ok I got the test results as my MB temperature is 32'C (89.5'F)
CPU temp is 51'C (123.5'F)
Vcore Voltage 1.80
+3.3 3.30
+5v 5.02
12. 12.71
CPU fan is at 5000rpm
Powerbox fan 2900rpm
Chassis fan is at 3000rpm
My Motherboard is an Asus A7V333

-yoshi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.