Hi. About 4 or 5 days ago all the games on my computer (including ones on the internet) started acting funny. All the games work fine for about 10 minutes of play or so, then they just freeze the entire computer. I end up having to restart my computer and the same thing happens again. I've tried all sorts of scans/test/etc. but nothing comes up. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi

We would be glad to help you but can you provide a little more information about your super computer.

For example your Motherboard, memory type of graphics (video) card if any.

If you are running XP on your desktop Right Click on MY COMPUTER and select Properties let us have the information about the computer listed here.

HTH

Darren
South Africa

Oh! I'm sorry! Of course! *Smacks head*

Graphic/Video Card: Radeon9200SE
Mainboard: ECS P4VMM2
Computer Itself/Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz 512 GHz, 512 MB of RAM.

I hope that helps. ^_^

Hi

And the operating system xp win2000 win me????

Darren

Sorry, Win XP.

I had that exact same problem too. Mine came up when I updated my catalyst control center to include the 'overdrive' crap they have.

I had the same pentium 4, 1 gig ram, a stock dell mobo, and a Radeon x800 XT PE.

What i ended up having to do, was uninstall Catalyst control center, and install: 'ATI Tray Tools' by Ray Adams. This program is specifically for radeon cards, and lets you clock it however you want, instead of using the 'dynamic clocking' or whatever the overdrive thing in catalyst is.

try doing that, and make sure your drivers are updated properly.

Pros:
Was compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 1a.
Cons:
ATI Radeon 9200SE w 128MB is incompatible with Windows XP's Service Pack 2. Some computer retailers, like mine, may not be interested in dealing with this problem. But you are still left with the problem.

Comment:
My computer has a the full Intel Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz on an ASROCK motherboard with the ATI Radeon 9200SE and its 128MBs. Screen resolution of 800x600 was possible with Windows XP SP1, but after installing Service Pack 2 I could no longer change the screen resolution. The computer would reboot, but the screen resolution never changed to what I requested.

HTH

Darren
South Africa

Thanks for all your help, guys! I appreciate it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.