Hi, I have DSL connection in my office and I want to use it at home. How can I connect using dial-up? Kindly help me on how to set up the configuration?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You will need a broadband modem and a ethernet network card. Who ever provides you the DSL service may also provide you with a modem, but you will have to provide your own network card.

You can read a how to article here.

Hi, I have DSL connection in my office and I want to use it at home. How can I connect using dial-up? Kindly help me on how to set up the configuration?

not sure such a thing can be done ,found this ,but i think its a little far fetched and expensive software
http://ask-leo.com/how_can_i_connect_to_my_office_computer_from_home_using_a_dialup_connection.html
.if you could dial into you computer at work you could do something ,do have winxp pro or home ,with pro you could connect to the work computer using active desktop.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
never done any of this myself .just searching Google

I'm not sure that I understood your question, are you inquiring about accessing your work computer from home via a dial up connection, or the DSL connection? Or are you trying to find out how to install DSL on your home computer?

I'm not sure that I understood your question, are you inquiring about accessing your work computer from home via a dial up connection, or the DSL connection? Or are you trying to find out how to install DSL on your home computer?

What I mean is to have internet connection (using dial-up from home to get access to internet with my DSL in my office) so that I wont subscribe another account right?

like the dial-up connection won't be another account......? wha? Everything you dl via your office DSL conn would still go into your dialup conn.....if you linked to office sys.

Save your money that you would spend on all the necessities to accomplish this and add a DSL account to you home. The name Rube Goldberg keeps coming to mind when I think of all the steps you would have to go through to enable this.

its very expensive to have another DSL account in our place so its better to make dial up to my office DSL account so please help how to do it? Thanks

butb wouldnt that in fact make the DSL dialup speed?

butb wouldnt that in fact make the DSL dialup speed?

Yupp! dialup is dialup

Well darn. For a moment there i had visions of setting up a dialup internet hub, screwing it into a backbone n feeding T1 bb to my dialup customers.
How did this thread ever run?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.