X The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll.

this is the exact error I receive when installing Ie6 and Sp1.

aston shell, coolmon, mirc were the last few programs i installed

System

Microsoft Windows XP
Proffesional
Version 2002

Running Intel pentium 3 1ghz

i'm in the process of downloading spyware as i read somewhere that running this may fix the error but i'm not sure.

has anyone got any other ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try running Adaware click here and be sure to download the latest update or reference file.

Perform an online virus scan at Trend Micro's Housecall click here. Remove all it finds.

reboot

Download, install and UPDATE Spybot Search and Destroy. Scan and fix all items maked in RED. click here

reboot

Download HijackThis here. Make sure you install HijackThis to a permanent folder such as C:\HJT as it creates backups. Run the program, press Scan, press Save log. Notepad will open, copy and paste the entire log into your post.

X The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll.

this is the exact error I receive when installing Ie6 and Sp1.

aston shell, coolmon, mirc were the last few programs i installed

System

Microsoft Windows XP
Proffesional
Version 2002

Running Intel pentium 3 1ghz

i'm in the process of downloading spyware as i read somewhere that running this may fix the error but i'm not sure.

has anyone got any other ideas?

I also have not been able to fix the problem and am tired of Microsofts bugs.
I am now using a new browser, "Firefox". It has great features and I am not getting any of Mircrosofts error messages. Try it.

Norman shifmman
nshifman150@yahoo.ca

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.