Hey,

I got Windows Vista Ultimate, and before I put it in my PC, I want to make sure I the right system requirements. I have 1gb of ram, a Nividia Geforce Graphics card with 512mb. 80gb internal hardrive and a 300gb external harddrive. Lastly I have a AMD athlon Xp 2.18ghz processor. I just want to make sure I have good system specs, before I install. I did check the site

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hey,

I got Windows Vista Ultimate, and before I put it in my PC, I want to make sure I the right system requirements. I have 1gb of ram, a Nividia Geforce Graphics card with 512mb. 80gb internal hardrive and a 300gb external harddrive. Lastly I have a AMD athlon Xp 2.18ghz processor. I just want to make sure I have good system specs, before I install. I did check the site

Ya thats plenty, you'll have a hard time installing on sata so use a ide drive.........least thats what i had to do, allthough the sata works fine within vista as a "D" drive, ect.

Hey, I went to install it and it says that it cannot install on this operting system. But i put the disc in my laptop that has the vista capable sticker and it says reboot to install. What do i do???

thats cos u can only upgrade to ultimate from XP Pro

commented: Thanks +1

really?? wow thanks......ill give it a try

Home -> Home Basic
Mce -> Ultimate Or Premium
Pro -> Buisness Or Ultimate

Hey,

I put Professional on my PC and it still says that setup cannot run on this operating system!:eek:

thats because you dont install vista from XP. you boot off the cd

i am looking forward to upgrade my pc to acquire windows vista.. i just hope by that time, all bugs are fixed.. ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.