I have window that keeps flashing on my screen. It slows everything down.It doesn't stay on long enough to see what it is. When i shut my computer down it says iexplorer.exe failed Pleasehelp

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

It could quite possibly be that you're infected with viruses/spyware/etc. Have a look through the threads in our Security forum for information on how to detect and remove those pests.

If you find that infections are the problem, start a new thread in the Security forum telling us what you've found and we'll help you from there.

I have ran every virus program and spyware they all say it's clean. I have system checks in safe mode. It's really getting frustrating.

Try
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Microsoft internet Explorer
Click the Change/Remove button and you should see an option to Repair IE

If that doesn't work, what OS and IE version have you?

Try
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Microsoft internet Explorer
Click the Change/Remove button and you should see an option to Repair IE

If that doesn't work, what OS and IE version have you?

What is os and ie

OS - Operating System. In other words, what exact version of Windows?

IE - Internet Explorer.

OS - Operating System. In other words, what exact version of Windows?

IE - Internet Explorer.

windows xp home edition and Internet Explorer

Look for possible error messages from IE in your application and system log files. To do so, use the Event Viewer in your Administrative Tools package. If you find IE errors, post the full text of the errors here.

i cant open my explorer

May be you iexplorer.exe is corrupted and can not respond properly means not open/close properly.

So uninstall internet explorer and install again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.