hi,

Recently I upgraded the memory of my laptop. It works fine, but after one hour or something, it goes into safe mode and says:Windows xp detected device error and fixed it. save all your work and reboot.

When I reboot it goes back to normal. What is the problem??

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi,

Recently I upgraded the memory of my laptop. It works fine, but after one hour or something, it goes into safe mode and says:Windows xp detected device error and fixed it. save all your work and reboot.

When I reboot it goes back to normal. What is the problem??

thank you

Memory problem. :!:
It's not that the RAM is faulty but their is compatibility problem between both the RAM's.

thanks for the reply.

this is the error message:
microsoft windows detected and recovered from a device failure.Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality.

I looked for it and found out my graphic card was not compatible. My graphic card is ATI mobility radeon. but i cant find an update anywhere. anyone?????

thanx

eh? just curious. how did you come to the conclusion its your video card? if you didn't allready, check your event viewer. start > settings > control panel > administrative tools > event viewer > check your system and application logs. look for errors that occured during the time frame of operation that the comptuer shutdown. then post the significant data here.

eh? just curious. how did you come to the conclusion its your video card? if you didn't allready, check your event viewer. start > settings > control panel > administrative tools > event viewer > check your system and application logs. look for errors that occured during the time frame of operation that the comptuer shutdown. then post the significant data here.

hi thank you... this is the error i got:

source:system error category:102 evenID:1003
Error code 000000ea, parameter1 f8eaa978, parameter2 8192cce8, parameter3 81933ee8, parameter4 00000001.

and

category : none eventID: 108
The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Thanx

Something I learnt from a computer guru: always blame the last piece of hardware or software you installed. Take the RAM out. If it goes back to normal, it's faulty.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.