Member Avatar for san_fran_crisko

Hi all.

I just got a new PC with Vista (32bit) on it. Unfortunately there was a major problem with the display. Whenever it finishes loading, (green Knight Rider thing) the display would go dark but you can hear the Vista jingle. The monitor doesn't go into standby so it is receiving a signal. If you leave the machine to go into standby, then wake it, you are greeted with the password screen and can continue but that means waiting half an hour.

I've solved the problem but with a not-so-ideal solution. I'm using Microsoft default VGA drivers instead of the Radeon X1300 Vista 32bit drivers which seem to cause this problem. Obviously, with this solution, running games is impossible. Google Earth can't even run in Direct X mode! :eek:

If anyone knows of anything which might help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

SanFranCrisko.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi all.

I just got a new PC with Vista (32bit) on it. Unfortunately there was a major problem with the display. Whenever it finishes loading, (green Knight Rider thing) the display would go dark but you can hear the Vista jingle. The monitor doesn't go into standby so it is receiving a signal. If you leave the machine to go into standby, then wake it, you are greeted with the password screen and can continue but that means waiting half an hour.

I've solved the problem but with a not-so-ideal solution. I'm using Microsoft default VGA drivers instead of the Radeon X1300 Vista 32bit drivers which seem to cause this problem. Obviously, with this solution, running games is impossible. Google Earth can't even run in Direct X mode! :eek:

If anyone knows of anything which might help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

SanFranCrisko.

Are you using the latest version of the driver?

Be sure to run the driver install as Administrator if UAC is on.

It could also be a problem with the chipset drivers(PCI-E or AGP) for your motherboard.

Member Avatar for san_fran_crisko

Thanks jbennet, but unfortunately thats the driver that is causing the problems.

really? i have no probs with my x800 under vista

Like I mentioned above it could be your motherboard drivers (or BIOS for that matter).

Go to http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894 .

Click on Knowledgebase, click on Advanced Search near the top left of the page. Search by ID: 737- and enter 18864

also 24463 applies specifically to your card but the latest driver is supposed to fix it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.