Hey Folks,

I installed windows vista home upgrade and want to go back to the XP Pro that I was using before. I tried to reinstall XP Pro, but when I insterrt the disk, the option to reinstall XP Pro is greyed out...any idea how I can reinstall XP Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

according to someone in my IT class, when you upgrade to vista it wipes out your XP key, so it's not valid... meaning you can't re-install it :-\

Hey Folks,

I installed windows vista home upgrade and want to go back to the XP Pro that I was using before. I tried to reinstall XP Pro, but when I insterrt the disk, the option to reinstall XP Pro is greyed out...any idea how I can reinstall XP Pro?

Thanks in advance!

hi ,i would go to my motherboard manufacturers site and get hard drive utility program ,[maxtors is called maxblast it will work with segate also..]most have them ,boot computer with it and format the drive ,then reload winxp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.