Whenever I restart/turn on my computer, MSN Messenger is always running in the background, I will check it off on the preferences and it still starts up in background, i have to manual close it via windows task manager in the processes

then whenever i start my internet back up it pops on again, its bothering me that its always on, any ideaS?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

well if you can solve that one, let me know because the same is happening for me and it's driving me insane.

glad somebody else is feeling my pain... :D

You can do a bunch of things to remove MSN.

In outlook and MSN make sure it doesn't start up.

Go to Start / Run / type 'msconfig'

Go to the startup tab make sure it is gone.

After all that you find MSN is still running just go to Program Files go to the MSN folder and delete it. You need to first end task in Task Manager.

Simple easy 5 minutes check out google for other ways of getting rid of it there are about 500. That's just my two cents.

A possible (although brute-force) fix:

- Open your Registry Editor (type "regedit" in the "Run..." dialog under your Start menu).

- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Current Version->Run

- If you see an entry for Messenger in the right-hand pane of the editor window, delete it.

The next time you boot, Messenger should not start.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.