Everysince I updated my windows from the windows update program my windows media player doesnt play the videos I use to be able to watch. I use to be able to watch everything I have, not anymore. What can be the problem? Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

you might need some codecs download the divx codec then the klite mega codec pack and see if that works or just download the new wmplayer 10 from microsoft.com. But i would think it is a codec problem if your video files are avi then you probably need divx or xvid

just downloaded the new windows media player, same thing, even sucks more now because i can't even play a simple mp3. Something is seriously going wrong here. Please help me out. Thanks

use different player like winamp bsplayer or real one and if u say that you dont like those players then you are going to be stuck with a useless wmplayer

Everysince I updated my windows from the windows update program my windows media player doesnt play the videos I use to be able to watch. I use to be able to watch everything I have, not anymore. What can be the problem? Thanks

If you have winxp
Do a system restore ,back to before your updates !!

I tried to do a system restore but it was turned off so it wasnt saving anything. So i guess i'm screwed then huh?

I tried to do a system restore but it was turned off so it wasnt saving anything. So i guess i'm screwed then huh?

The best think about winxp and it was turned off ,yeah your screwed!
No actually you could uninstall it and reinstall it .can't you !:)
Go to control panel /add/remove programs /on the left side click on add/remove windows components /scroll down and uncheck media olayer ,OK ,your way out to remove it .
then go and redownload and install media player .Get an older version here [http://oldversion.com/ Maybe 7.1 ,see if that works if tes keep it if no ,go to windows update and update it again maybe something went wrong last time you updated it !
http://oldversion.com/

When i install the older version it says i have the newer version installed already so it doesnt let me download it. i try removing windows media player 10 but it just says rollback is completed and im still able to open up media player. help?

omg just get winamp or bsplayer or something that works. also i would try to turn system restore. And you shouldnt have gotten ten it is a beta.

well in retrospect i metioned it but it sounds like you cannot operate 10 and should just system restore or get a new player.

can someone help me uninstall windows media player so i can download the older version?

can someone help me uninstall windows media player so i can download the older version?

10 is Beta and you run the risk of problems with beta programs .Did you try reinstalling it ,sometimes with a program installed allready it will give you otions ,either Fix ,install or uninstall .
WMP 10 probably comes with out the uninstall option!!!!

You should not be loading Beta versions on your computer with out system restore turned on!

EDIT : You are not the only person trying to remove it either !just do a google search .Check the links out on the site .
http://www.greghughes.net/rant/PermaLink,guid,3e7ccc5a-9c3e-4c45-bd66-b436c99f2558.aspx

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.