hey guys you have to help me , this is very important.
I dont know how suddenly my "folder options" tab inside the "tools" dropdown is gone missing.Not just "folder options" but all the standard options of "Tools" are missing, instead i see options like "Map N/w drive...", "Disconnect n/w drive..." and "Synchronize..."
Please help me, i have my very important files that were made hidden!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hey guys you have to help me , this is very important.
I dont know how suddenly my "folder options" tab inside the "tools" dropdown is gone missing.Not just "folder options" but all the standard options of "Tools" are missing, instead i see options like "Map N/w drive...", "Disconnect n/w drive..." and "Synchronize..."
Please help me, i have my very important files that were made hidden!!

What OS do you have?

What OS do you have?

Windows XP- pro

hey guys, i have the same exact problem. The folder Options is missing in control panel also. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Justin

First try System Restore to go back to a time before you had the problem.

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore

If that doesn't work, try an in-place upgrade (aka repair installation); instructions can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341&Product=winxp

man this problem was getting on me like anything, but finally.....I got a way out of this.I was just exploring the windows registry trying out some stuff, when i saw this "NoFolderOptions" field set to '1'.
When i deleted it the problem was rectified.You will find this field in the infected computer at the following registry address: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

set the DWORD "NoFolderOptions" to 0 or just delete it....and there you go the problem is GONE!!!!. :)

hey guys, i have the same exact problem. The folder Options is missing in control panel also. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Justin

I hope this solves our problem :) !!...Enjoy!!

@themetalmozart.... Man!!!! I just registered just to say thank you!!! i spent so many night to try to fix this problem and finaly I got in this board and saw your thread :cheesy: .... And my problem is now gone.... THANK YOOOOOU! :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.