i am frequent user of autocad2008, 3ds max 8, phtoshopcs2 9.0. but, i my computer don't allow me to run these applicatons smoothly.
my system configuration is
Pentium 4, 3.06 Ghz, Intel 915GV chipset, 80Gb harddisk, 512Mb ram.
Now a days my system always shows high cpu usage (>50%).
what should i do now?
more ram or graphics card or something else???
help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

512MB RAM is insufficient for your SW set, I'd say. 2GB at least.

Yiour system will be paging like mad; also your anti-virus program might be conributing between 14 & 23%.

That's advice based on the description you've given. More detail, more refined answer.

My PCs Cpu is also very high it stays above 50% usually around 100% lags like hell when i open a program and my PF is always around 2GB and it takes around 15 mins to startup and logon
i have:

windows xp home edition version 2002 SP2
Mobile AMD athlon XP-M
Processor 3000+
1.6GHZ 736MB of RAM

What would you recommend i do

512MB RAM is insufficient for your SW set, I'd say. 2GB at least.

Yiour system will be paging like mad; also your anti-virus program might be conributing between 14 & 23%.

That's advice based on the description you've given. More detail, more refined answer.

yeah 1 or 2gb

My PCs Cpu is also very high it stays above 50% usually around 100% lags like hell when i open a program and my PF is always around 2GB and it takes around 15 mins to startup and logon. i have:

windows xp home edition version 2002 SP2
Mobile AMD athlon XP-M
Processor 3000+
1.6GHZ 736MB of RAM

What would you recommend i do

1/
15 mins startup - I'd say this is a combination of paging (you need more RAM) for sure and, possibly, a lot of stuff on your desktop. The latter item is made better by placing actual desktop items (i.e. those that take up RAM) somewhere else and having links to them on the desktop.

Also whatever is started up at boot takes time, particularly anti-spyware (which you should not cut out). Review your Start list.

2/
CPU High - in addition to my earlier comments, yiu should go to the task bar, bring up Task Manager and look at which process is hogging your CPU (cllick on the CPU column twice to bring the hogger up to the top). When we know what this is, we can move to the next step.

Spyware?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.