I don't know if this is the right place to post this. If not please let me know where it should go.

I have a client, an association, that wants to be able to set up emails for all of its members member@association.com. The email will be a simple redirect that will redirect to the users main email address. The email will never be stored on a mail server for association.com.

Example: Member1 logs on to the associations site. He wants to sign up for a free emial address, member1@association.com. He fills out his information and the email address he wants the mail sent to, member1@gmail.com. When someone sends and email to member1@association.com it will be delivered to member1@gmail.com.

I don't know where to begin to find the solution to this. Any suggestions in the right directions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you want to do this with code or manage this at the server level?

Do you want to do this with code or manage this at the server level?

The server level. I already have a MailEnable mail server. I checked the API and I think I can create mailboxes from the web and have the redirect. I am going to have to dig a little deeper into the API.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Can you do it with code?

Jonathan

What server OS are you using and what mail software?

What server OS are you using and what mail software?

I am currently using Mail Enable Enterprise on a Server 2k3 Standard. I have linux servers that are running Ubuntu if that would be better.

I have VMWare Server installed so I can also deploy a UNIX platform if necessary.

Jonathan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.