Well I'm really new to computers. I have windows XP SP2 and lately I've been getting this message "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." Note this happens when i am conducting a search for files on my local drives. Then when ever i use my Super anti-spyware it encounters a problem, my Reg cure also and my windows live messenger so i had to get the msn messenger 7.5 and that works fine. Everything else on my computer seems to be working fine but i really cant detail the problem. sending reports does nothing and i went back to last good configuration and still the same problem. i have no idea what to do any help will be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

In search go to change preference option and try to disable animated charater, autocomplete, balloon tips and also indexing service...try it what happens then.

it stills does the same thing i've scanned for viruses with my avast and one showed up do u think that it might have damaged something in my pc?

Right...! you need to update Virus Definition engine of your virus scan to detect more malfuction in your PC.
Also scan for windows files protection from:
start>run> type this: sfc /scannow and press enter..then it will scan for windows corrupted files and informs you to insert xp's disc to restore files.
After all try Ccleaner and check for crap remained in system, here its link to download:
www.piriform.com

it is asking me for the windows xp professional cd2 but i don't have xp pro i have windows xp media center edition

Media centre edition not work on that you need your OEM disk.

hey thunderstorm thanx alot for ur help i really appreciate it. my pc only came with one cd so i just did a system recovery. true i lost some of my things but i had some back ups. i really appreciate u helping me out though. THANX BUNCHES!!!!

commented: your Welcome... +1

Please mark as solved to this thread if its realy solved.

great..!! thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.