I have a pentium 2 processor and 112kb of cache ram. Is it possible to install XP in place of 98?
Will I be able to install windows xp once i change the RAM ?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

How much space do you have on your harddrive?
XP takes up a lot of space, so you should leave about 1 gig dedicated to it.
If you don't have enough space then just stay with 98.

I have a pentium 2 processor and 112kb of cache ram. Is it possible to install XP in place of 98?
Will I be able to install windows xp once i change the RAM ?

112 cache is built into the processor and not changable ,unless you change cpu' to one with more cache,you will need to add sdram, to the computer and like other poster says have enough space on harddrive for xp and its more than 1 gig,more like 2.5 gig .also if you really don't want to slow your computer to a crawl ,leave win98 on it .

Windows XP will crawl with a Pentium 2. As advised, simply don't do it.

If you need XP, then buy/build something current with at least 1GB RAM on it.

does anyone know how/why my XP Pro machine would not recognize a 2nd hdd? it is set up correctly, in every way, but still will not show up anywhere. Thank you!

it would be best if you start a new thread, with your question. anyway what file system is on the hd. was the drive format on a windows system..

ok. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.