The 22 icons residing in my Quick Launch Bar have become "location unstable." Regardless of how I position them, upon a restart or fresh boot the icons rearrange themselves randomly. Can any one help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Quick Launch - Icons (Arrange)

Right click the Quick Launch tool bar and choose Open Folder. Right click in the right pane and choose Arrange Icons by.

That's not the fix. It only arranges either by date, size, alphabetically, etc. I have had a custom arrangement for my quick launce bar for the last 2 years or so, ever since I started using W2K. I have not viruses, trojans, etc, as I run Ad-Aware and Spybot and PC Bug Doctor before every shutdown. In addition I use Zone Alarm and AVG AntiVirus.

Solved this problem with a crazy fix. Renamed all the .lnk files numerically, i.e. 01filename.lnk, 02filename.lnt, etc. Its working and seems to be stable. Who knows what Windows will do next???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.