Here are my specs:
Motherboard: MSI 648 Max series
Power supply: 350W (I think)
CPU: P4 2.4GHz w/ 533MHz FSB
RAM: 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9500 Pro w/ "Doom 3" Beta Catalyst 4.9 drivers
Hard Drive: Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM ATA133
Sound Card: Integrated with Motherboard
LG 16x DVD-ROM Drive
Hewlett-Packard 8x/4x/12x DVD-RW Drive
I have updated all the drivers I can to their current versions.
Now, recently my computer has been acting up, so a few days ago I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything. It solved most of my problems, except for my games restarting randomly. I should also note a couple of things:
1) My most recent addition to my system was back in late May with my DVD-RW drive. I don't know why but I just "feel" my game problems have gotten worse after installing this drive, although it should be noted this problem has occured before the drive was installed.
2) I upgraded from Catalyst 4.7 drivers, to 4.9 beta drivers, because many forum posts said it gave a huge boost to stability when playing Doom 3. I personally noticed no difference...it still crashed a lot.
3) I play a lot of graphic intensive games (i.e. Doom 3, UT2004, etc.), could that have something to do with it?
4) My comp crashes no matter what game I play.
5) I have already uninstalled/re-installed my video drivers following the advice of this article: http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=569&dPage=1 . And I have also switched my AGP settings from 8x to 4x...games still crash.
I'm thinking this crashing problem is actually a hardware (not software) problem, although I could be wrong. Any help you guys can provide is much appreciated. Having my games crash on me while kicking ass online is starting to get really annoying:mad: .
Thanks in advance:) .