Hi all,

I recently upgraded my computer, step by step, bought a 500gb hdd, followed my an 8600gts vid card, now the other day I bought a new Q6600 cpu and motherboard to suit. The 500gb hdd I had loaded some stuff onto, while it was being used as a secondary drive.

Now when I try to install vista, (with this now being the only drive plugged in) it tells me that it cannot install to it, as it is a dynamic partition. It refuses to let me perform any actions on the partition.

Is there anything I can do?

Edit - preferably without wiping the disk or being forced to load it in another comp. The only other comp in the house is a celeron 2.0ghz with no support for sata drives. and it only supports original pci vid cards O.O

i think the best thing to do is to take the files off and format the hdd. Or if you have xp installed or you can put the hdd in a computer that has xp installed see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044 for converting the dynamic disk back to a basic which vista should be able to install on!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.