Hi,
I have been unable to view a system's ipconfig from command prompt or ping any ip address despite being logged in as Administrator and giving full control again to the admin user.It gives the message 'ipconfig/ping is not a recognized batch command,...'
ideas anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Try locating the ipconfig.exe which should be in C:\i386 and c:\windows\system32.

You might need to set an environment variable if you haven't got a path to the location(s).

If ipconfig.exe isn't there at all, you have a different problem that would need diagbosis through the anti-virus, spyware or trojan route if no other deliberate changes have been made to the environment.

Try locating the ipconfig.exe which should be in C:\i386 and c:\windows\system32.

You might need to set an environment variable if you haven't got a path to the location(s).

If ipconfig.exe isn't there at all, you have a different problem that would need diagbosis through the anti-virus, spyware or trojan route if no other deliberate changes have been made to the environment.

thanks a mill for that tip.It worked with the environment variable.

A pleasure.

Someone please mark this as solved, I come in thinking I might be able to help but it's solved already :(.

Someone please mark this as solved, I come in thinking I might be able to help but it's solved already :(.

Dani web is not managed as well as it once was ,i don't think you will see all post that are solved, marked as such

I'd have thought that MODs and Teamers have the privileges to mark SOLVED. Or not?

yes they do ,just saying it not as well managed as it once was .,look at all the post that are in the wrong place,and never moved ,hijackthis logs all over the place,
my opinion!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.