I am getting an error message while installing Widows XP.
This is the message i get
'An unexpected error (768) occurred at line 5118 in <drive letter>\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c Press any key to continue."
Once you press any key, the system then starts to load Windows, after which the following message comes:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with my windows?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by uniquestar

Are you doing a clean install if thats the case then just try formatting your hard drive and start again and see if that error occurs again. There could be a possibility of your XP Boot CD to be corrupted.
I know it is a painstaking process but if you get it right in the end it ll be worth it.

Regards
Raj

I am installing Windows XP with an already existing version of Windows 98 in my system.I have heard about compatibility problems between XP and 98,and his may be due to it.

I'd sya just back up all your data and do a clean install. It might also save a u a lot of trouble man and hopefully might avoid any future issues due to compatibility issues.

Regards
Raj

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.