Greetings,
I am expiriencing a problem in which every time I visit a website it loads the site, but the green bar that indicates how much is loaded stays full and green. It takes about 30 seconds for the bar to disappear and do what I need on that site. When I go to load any other site or section the same thing happens. Everything is fine once it loads, but when it first loads i have that problem. I am running Windows XP and tried spybot and ad-aware. Anyboy have any ideas for my problem? The tools-internet options-accessibility thing did not work either because it was unchecked. I have not done anything to my system i think. My roommate uses the computer and is it possible he went to a site or installed something like kazaa and took it off would cause this problem? Thakns in advance!

i have exactly the same problem as beezer90 it is a right pain
it started a couple of days ago i have tried norton adware and plenty of other programs
but no good computer is running just as fast as always

thanks

i have just noticed something else in the bottom left hand corner of internet
explorer it says
WYSIWYG Editor initialized for internet explorer on 0.141 seconds
i dont know if this is causing the problem but i have never seen it before

thanks again

internet explorer is running slow. Version 6 & windows 2000. The website I am opening loads normally but it takes 10 seconds before I can click on anything. It freezes for 10 seconds and then I can navigate after that. I've tried adware, spryware, antivirus. Nothing working.
help

Sounds like the same fault here. makes surfin almost imposible. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:cheesy:

visit you add/removeprograms and remove programs like Newnet.net,SaveNow,and the like .

some Adware tools and online virus scan, in my signature

well im might have found an answer some where on the net. if you run msconfig and click on the service tab, then hide microsoft services anddisable the rest and try trial and error to see which ones causeing it:cheesy:

No promises tho

I begining to think the best thing for people with IE problems it time to start useing Mozilla browser .http://www.mozilla.org/

Sounds like the same fault here. makes surfin almost imposible. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:cheesy:

Same... everything works fine but just the loading bit.. HELLLLPPP Its really annoying.. tried everything. But I found out that when i am in safe mode. Everything works fine. Could it be something windows is loading??? HELLLPPP PLZ THANKS

James:sad:

Well mine seems fixed, i tryed adaware in the end and this seem to resolve the prob, not thinking to try it because other people had used it and i was already useing spybot and seems that some of you was still having probs. Get your comps fixed soon
MUMBLES

Greetings,
My problem has not been fixed. I have seen the message
WYSIWYG Editor initialized for internet explorer on 0.141 seconds as well.
I see I have a program called search assistant- my search and when i tried to uninstall it, windows does not! Hmmm...Here are a list of fishy programs I have found in add/remove programs:
genedisk .73MB
NPO none given
Search assistant- My Search .12MB
Web Savings from Ebates none given
When trying to unintall my search and web savings, the screen flickers and doesn't unintall them...i dont know what the other two are. anyone have an idea?
Thanks so much...

Greetings,
My problem has not been fixed. I have seen the message
WYSIWYG Editor initialized for internet explorer on 0.141 seconds as well.
I see I have a program called search assistant- my search and when i tried to uninstall it, windows does not! Hmmm...Here are a list of fishy programs I have found in add/remove programs:
genedisk .73MB
NPO none given
Search assistant- My Search .12MB
Web Savings from Ebates none given
When trying to unintall my search and web savings, the screen flickers and doesn't unintall them...i dont know what the other two are. anyone have an idea?
Thanks so much...

So tell me if you can !When you run the programs like Ad-Aware and Spybot does you computer remain the Same !

Greetings,
I said at the top of the page in my first post that neither spybot or ad aware helped me and do not want to uninstall programs i am unsure about so i was asking if those 4 programs were okay to be uninstalled.
Thanks,
Brian

Greetings,
I said at the top of the page in my first post that neither spybot or ad aware helped me and do not want to uninstall programs i am unsure about so i was asking if those 4 programs were okay to be uninstalled.
Thanks,
Brian

Download 'Hijack This!'.http://www.computercops.biz/downloads-file-328.html
Unzip to a permanent folder,Like C:\HJack\Hijackthis.exe, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.

Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
then post the log here

Ive read most of the post in this thread, they seem to be working for some ppl, but after trying most of the stuff, my IE STILL is slow.
Ive virus scanned my computer at least twice, and ran adaware/spybot 3 times each. Ive run process viewer, hoping someone can tell me if theres anything that could affect IE...

AcroTray.exe	184	C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe	AcroTray 5, 0, 0, 0.  Copyright  2001
CDAC11BA.EXE	1332	C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE	C-Dilla RTS Service 4.11.000 Windows NT 2001/01/02.  Copyright (c) Macrovision 1993-2001
csrss.exe	636	C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe	Client Server Runtime Process 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
CTsvcCDA.EXE	1352	C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE	Creative Service for CDROM Access 1.0.0.0.  Copyright (c) Creative Technology Ltd., 1999. All rights reserved.
DELLMMKB.EXE	1840	C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE	Netropa(tm) Hot Key 2.0.0.  Copyright  2000-2001 Netropa Corp.
devldr32.exe	1824	C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe	DevLdr32 1, 0, 0, 22.  Copyright  1997-2001 Creative Technology Ltd.
Explorer.EXE	1604	C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE	Windows Explorer 6.00.2800.1106.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
lsass.exe	716	C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe	LSA Shell (Export Version) 5.1.2600.1106.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
MsgPlus.exe	1864	C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\MsgPlus.exe	Messenger Plus! 2, 54, 0, 74.  Copyright (C) 2001-2003
msnmsgr.exe	156	C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe	Messenger Version 6.1.  Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 1997-2003
MulMouse.exe	1944	C:\Program Files\Magic Wheel\MulMouse.exe	MultiMouse Application 1, 0, 0, 1.  WayTech (C) 2001-2002
navapsvc.exe	1488	C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe	Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service 8.07.17.  Copyright (c) 2000-2002 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.
Netscp.exe	2044	C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe	Netscape 7.0.1.   Netscape Communications 2000-2002
Nhksrv.exe	1312	C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe	Nhksrv.exe
nvsvc32.exe	1500	C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe	NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 52.16 6.14.10.5216.  (C) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
PrcView.exe	2680	G:\Temp\PrcView.exe	Process Viewer Application 3.7.3.1.  Developed by Igor Nys, 1995-2003
RUNDLL32.EXE	1964	C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE	Run a DLL as an App 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
services.exe	704	C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe	Services and Controller app 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
smss.exe	588	C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe	Windows NT Session Manager 5.1.2600.1106.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
spoolsv.exe	2056	C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe	Spooler SubSystem App 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
StyleXP.exe	2600	C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe	StyleXP MFC Application 0, 20, 0, 0.  Copyright (C) 2001
StyleXPService.exe	1024	C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe	StyleXPService Module 0, 20, 0, 3000.  Copyright 2001
svchost.exe	896	C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe	Generic Host Process for Win32 Services 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
svchost.exe	996	C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe	Generic Host Process for Win32 Services 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
svchost.exe	1224	C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe	Generic Host Process for Win32 Services 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
svchost.exe	1252	C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe	Generic Host Process for Win32 Services 5.1.2600.0.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
TeamSpeak.exe	3112	C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak\TeamSpeak.exe	The TeamSpeak 2 client 2.0.32.60.  (c) 2002-2003 Dominating Bytes Design
trillian.exe	624	c:\program files\trillian\trillian.exe	Trillian 2.0.0.0.   Cerulean Studios, LLC.  All rights reserved.
winlogon.exe	660	C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe	Windows NT Logon Application 5.1.2600.1106.   Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
winzip32.exe	2164	C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe	WinZip Executable 8.1  (4331).  Copyright (c) WinZip Computing, Inc. 1991-2001 - All Rights Reserved
wkcalrem.exe	236	C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe	Microsoft Works Calendar Reminder Service 6.00.1911.0 .  Copyright  Microsoft Corporation 1987-2000. All rights reserved.

Hello all, i am having the same pausing problem as everyone else. it gets very annoying. ive run ad-aware & spybot, but that hasnt fixed the problem. ive just ran a hijackthis scanand this is what came up

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 09:20:16, on 02/03/2004
Platform: Windows 2000 SP2 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\InoculateIT\InoRpc.exe
C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\InoculateIT\InoRT.exe
C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\InoculateIT\InoTask.exe
C:\WINNT\LogWatNT.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\Smtray.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\Promon.exe
C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\InoculateIT\realmon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\hpnra.exe
C:\WINNT\loadqm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\internat.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client\ISATRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realevent.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE
C:\HJack\Hijackthis.exe\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = javascript:self.close();
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http://SERVER:8080
O2 - BHO: TX4 - {00000000-0015-BD9C-263A-493001BA0C6C} - C:\WINNT\System32\asycfilt32.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000E7270-CC7A-0786-8E7A-DA09B51938A6} - C:\WINNT\System32\n3tpa1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Promon.exe] Promon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Realtime Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Computer Associates\InoculateIT\realmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Network Registry Agent] C:\WINNT\System32\hpnra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [internat.exe] internat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Firewall Client Connectivity Monitor.LNK = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Firewall Client\ISATRAY.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6/E/F6E491A6-77E1-4E20-9F5F-94901338C922/wmv9VCM.CAB
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/27eb2629f87f17c16706/netzip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = deeksevans.co.uk
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = deeksevans.co.uk
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = deeksevans.co.uk

Any thing there that shouldnt be. Many thanks in advance toanyone who could possibly help

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS. i have solved the pausing problem. i downloaded that AVG virus scanner some1 recommended (thankyou whoever it was). ran a scan, and in the c:/WINNT, it found two trojans called Backdoor.Adbreaker. i removed them and now is all fine. i suggest doing that

Greetings!
I just tryed the above post and it worked as well! However, is this a quickfix, or something that will stay permanent and not interfere with any norml site I explore? For those who want the post, it says:
WIDESPREAD PROBLEM IN XP

"The screen loads, the status bar says "Done" and the status bar progress area is filled in almost full (97-99%) and sits there for about 15-30 seconds. I can't scroll the screen, click on any links, leave, move on to the next page, go back or anything, until the progress bar fills up and clears."

HERE IS THE FIX!:
go into IE, Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and under "Browsing"
catagory, uncheck "EnableThird Party Browser Extensions" (requires restart)
IE 6 works great now

I had this problem with IE 6 running slow.

I deinstalled and re-installed it - no difference.
Looked through the tasks running and found a memory hogging driver from anti-virus software I thought I'd deleted ages back. More memory, but no difference to IE6.
Ran Spy-Bot and removed a load of nasties - no difference to IE6.
Deinstalled and reinstalled IE6 again and saw a warning about \WinNt\System32\cryptext.dll not being found. No difference.

Tried the Internet Options->General->Accessibility Style Sheets procedure, detailed on the thread, and it was not set.

Ran Ad-aware, SpySweeper and HijackThis, and got rid of a dozen more nasties.
Tried to uncheck internet Options->Advanced->Third Party Browser Extensions and found that IE hung when I tried to apply it.
Replaced cryptext.dll with a copy from my other system - identical OS - and rebooted.

On the reboot, IE was OK. I'm pleased that IE is usable again, but not so happy that I don't really understand why. I'd guess that it's somewhere between getting rid of all the adware, malware and nasties and replacing cryptext.dll.

The postings in the thread were really useful in getting rid of this frustrating problem.

If you're stuck with this problem, I'd say that using several virus scanners and spyware removal tools was a good first step, because IE problem or not, you don't want all that rubbish on your system. Maybe, Opera doesn't have so many problems because it either doesn't have the exploits IE has, or it's less worth targetting it because of the smaller user base.

This had to be one of the most frustrating software-related problems I've ever had. Everything I tried failed to resolve it, and every suggestion online came from people who hadn't experienced it. With suggestions like "reinstall it" (which doesn't work) to "turn off scripting" (which is silly, since you have to turn it back on to use the very sites where the problem occurs), my brain was about to explode. Fortunately, I found this thread and read the post on IEradicator. Unfortunately, I ran into all kinds of problems getting the thing to work. It never finished itself properly, and it was left to me to manually delete certain folders and files in order to reinstall IE6. Luckily, I knew enough about that kind of stuff to pull it off. Anyway, I reinstalled IE6 and the problem seems to have vanished! Maybe I had to pull some teeth, but it was so incredibly worth it. Everything runs just dandy, now. Ahhhh. =)

Just came to say Thanks to all that supplied information to help us all fix this, I was about ready to wipe my 65 gig of used HD but i happend to find this.

Hello everyone. You know...I was wondering here. I have windows 98 SE. It's a Dell computer....and its's doing the exact same thing. has anyone figured out what's up with it?

I know you all have like 2000 or xp and all, but I don't think this is a OS problem. I think this might be a memory problem. I have 98 SE, and it's doing it to me as well.

Let me know what you guys think. I hope my input has given someone some idea that could help us out.

My problem appeared to stem from Norton Anti-Virus 2003. As soon as I turn off Autoprotect IE runs fine....turn it back on and it Draaaags. AVG....here I come.:cheesy:

My IE was running slow on my DSL - as slow as a go99amn dialup - for no apparent reason. It was fine yesterday. Now not fine. After reading a few nuggets here, I disabled NORTON ANTIVIRUS AUTOPROTECT and it fixed it. Great going Norton! It must have updated its virus library and included a fix that fuxed IE. Now I surf without a rubber. I tried contacting Norton about the problem, but their customer "support" is so difficult to get through - I never got to a contact page - so I gave up. To he77 will them.

I wonder how many others are experiencing this... must be millions.

Switch to AVG....less resources are used and it detects Viruses better than Norton. http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.phpThe free version is one version back from their current version but it works great. You can schedule it for automatic updates as well. If you buy the current 7.0 version you get 2 years of virus updates....compared to Norton's 1 year. :cheesy:

I am using WinXP and my IE was extremely slow and at times some web pages wouldn't even load.I tried the following and my IE is back up to speed.
Click Start/Run. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and then "OK"

i opened my internet explorer today and i found that the bit at the bottom which displayes the link that you have your mouse on its not their i looked in internet options and nothin
please reply

leinad_1414,

We ask that members not tag their question onto an existing thread, but start one of their own instead.

Threads get very cluttered when multiple posters are asking and answering different questions within the same thread.

Unfortunately, this thread is a pretty good example of that. :(

I have been having slow internet browsing problems and just figured out my nightmare. I had done an update on my Norton Internet Security and every since then my browsing had gone to a snails pace. I could still download files at the normal rate, but to just surf was just downright slow. I am running Norton 2002, this could be the problem for other versions, I don't know. If you run msconfig at the run line and see SNDMon on the startup tab then this is probably your problem. I read somewhere else that to uncheck this and restart and it would clear up the problem. Unfortunately, this isn't the case with me, I have to actually disable the internet security function on the task bar, and then my internet runs like a charm. I have no idea what the fix is for this, but that is the problem if you have SNDMon running. Hope this helps someone and possibly somebody can tell me how to fix this so I don't have to turn off my internet security as I don't like doing that. I also tried restoring my system to the point before I autoupdated, but the update remained on there regardless.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.