i reformatted my harddrive giving it to my son. when it got done it wouldnt do anything when i shut off computer and turned backed on its a black screen and says this file is corrupt or missing... could it be the harddrive bad or the recovery disks bad or what any input would be nice.. thank you

i reformatted my harddrive giving it to my son. when it got done it wouldnt do anything when i shut off computer and turned backed on its a black screen and says this file is corrupt or missing... could it be the harddrive bad or the recovery disks bad or what any input would be nice.. thank you

B4 going 4 anything just change the IDE cable and see bcoz many times due to a faulty cable u get these type of messages

Other messg i got due to a faulty cable ntldir, config file missing, diskerror. I just changed the cable and every got fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.