title says it all.....help me clear what startup files i need and what i dont!! thanks

Yes	HKCU:Run	Sidebar	C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
Yes	HKCU:Run	ISUSPM Startup	C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
Yes	HKCU:Run	Google Update	"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
Yes	HKCU:Run	uTorrent	"C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"
No	HKCU:Run	Jumblo	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Jumblo.com\Jumblo\Jumblo.exe" -nosplash -minimized
Yes	HKCU:Run	googletalk	C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
No	HKCU:Run	msnmsgr	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
No	HKCU:Run	grwinHyper	C:\Program Files (x86)\Le Robert\Le Grand Robert\grwinHyper.exe
Yes	HKCU:Run	L09AXLRD_7539029	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Student\Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2009 DVD\EDICT.EXE" -m
No	HKLM:Run	AdobeCS4ServiceManager	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
No	HKLM:Run	DVDAgent	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\DVD\DVDAgent.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	hpWirelessAssistant	C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
Yes	HKLM:Run	QlbCtrl.exe	C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
No	HKLM:Run	TrueImageMonitor.exe	C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe
Yes	HKLM:Run	TSMAgent	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\TSMAgent.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	TVAgent	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\TV\TVAgent.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	UCam_Menu	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam" update "Software\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam"
Yes	HKLM:Run	UpdateLBPShortCut	"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"
No	HKLM:Run	UpdateP2GoShortCut	"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
No	HKLM:Run	UpdatePDIRShortCut	"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"
No	HKLM:Run	UpdatePSTShortCut	"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"
No	HKLM:Run	Adobe_ID0ENQBO	C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Adobe\ADOBEV~1\Server\bin\VERSIO~3.EXE
Yes	HKLM:Run	PDFHook	C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PDF Professional 5\pdfpro5hook.exe
No	HKLM:Run	PDF5 Registry Controller	C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PDF Professional 5\RegistryController.exe
No	HKLM:Run	RoxWatchTray	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray12.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	Desktop Disc Tool	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2010\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	AppleSyncNotifier	C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
No	HKLM:Run	vmware-tray	"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	NBAgent	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\NBAgent.exe" /WinStart
No	HKLM:Run	SunJavaUpdateSched	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	DivXUpdate	"C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW
Yes	HKLM:Run	Adobe Reader Speed Launcher	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	Adobe ARM	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	QuickTime Task	"C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
No	HKLM:Run	iTunesHelper	"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	SynTPEnh	%ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
No	HKLM:Run	Acronis Scheduler2 Service	"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	SmartMenu	%ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart\SmartMenu.exe
No	HKLM:Run	SmartSoft PDF Printer (demo) Agent	"C:\Program Files\Smart PDF Converter Pro\sspdfagentd.exe"
No	HKLM:Run	SmartSoft PDF Printer (demo) virtual printer agent	"C:\Program Files\Smart PDF Converter Pro\sspdfagentd.exe"
Yes	HKLM:Run	EvtMgr6	C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe /launchGaming
Yes	HKLM:Run	IAAnotif	C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
Yes	HKLM:Run	SysTrayApp	C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
No	Startup Common	HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk	C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
Yes	Startup User	95683.lnk	C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\wmpscnfg.exe

i am attaching a file too!! the same but .txt

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

title says it all.....help me clear what startup files i need and what i dont!! thanks

Honestly, you could dump ALL of those, if you wanted. Only you know which of them you "need." You could run HijackThis and remove them all and try that for a bit and see if you miss any of the functionality. If you do miss some functionality, just restore the ones you want to keep.....

You may want to check out Black Viper's Site, as he is the guru when it comes to running only the bare necessities.

Happy Christmas :)
PP

Downloading and running ccleaner should help too! Run the registy cleaner several times until it finds no issues!

Downloading and running ccleaner should help too! Run the registy cleaner several times until it finds no issues!

If you do run a registry cleaner, make sure you back up the registry before doing so - or you might end up wishing you had.
CCleaner should still give you the option to back up before removing issues.

PP:)

I have used ccleaner on hundereds of computers (I recycle and repair machines for a living) and have not had a single problem with the ccleaner registry cleaner and have never bothered backing up what it removes!

Perhaps backing it up might be an idea if you are unfamiliar with ccleaner tho!

Another good way to backup your registry is to go into regedit then hit export. This works for XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

Perhaps backing it up might be an idea if you are unfamiliar with ccleaner tho!

Or any other registry cleaner for that matter.

Anybody who blindly clicks "fix" (on any tool) is asking for trouble :)

I trust that you know what you are doing, but I doubt you fire up each and every program on a compy after cleaning the registry.

I use CCleaner too - mostly after uninstalling software to catch the remnants - but I (and probably you as well) pay close attention to what it finds and I uncheck a couple of the default settings (missing shared .dlls springs to mind).

-- I generally recommend ERUNT to back up the registry - Free and easy to use.

I will have to take a look at ERUNT! :)

I will have to take a look at ERUNT! :)

ERUNT was recommended to me years ago as a replacement for System Restore - Great little tool. Many malware forums use it to back up registry before digging around.

-- I've kinda re-evaluated my position on registry cleaners. I think that as long as one knows what he is doing, there should be no problem. It's the average user I worry about who will run this and have it remove 1000 items without looking and then a few days later be all confused when Media Center or Office start misbehaving....

Lol, know what you mean there mate! We have customers that keep coming back after having downloaded all kinds of rubbish. Mind you, we always get their systems sorted! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.