hello!
i have to compile World of Warcraft (online game) server..
its been a week i'm looking for "Microsoft Visual C++ EXPRESS edition - 32-bit" for windows7. but i couldn't find it. does it exist? if so, then kindly give me the exact link to download it. recently i installed one, but wen i run its "Visual studio 2008 remote debugger (x64)" file, it says, something like "this version doesn't run on this version of windows.....". my windows 7 is 64-bit..so can i get installed 32-bit visual c++ express edition and make it work? plz help me out of this

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This may not help but generally speaking if you run a d32 bit on win è 64 THE SOFTWARE CAN NORMALLY DISTINGUISH AND USE APPROPRIATE CALLS FOR THE TYPE OF SOFTWARE; wHILST IT IS NOT INFALLIBLE AND i DO NOT KNOW ANY PARTICULARLY SOFTWARE YOU ARE TRYING TO USE BUT BY PUTTING A 32 BIT VARIETY IN THE FOLDER 5PROGRAM5X86° AND A 64 BIT IN THE 'PROGRAMS° FOLDERS IT AVOIDS ANY DIFFICULTIES OF WHICH BIT TO USE

PS sorry about the capitals I did ,not mean to shout just hit the wrong key.

M

thank u so much for the help...
yea, but it clearly mentions in error msg, that this program can't run on this version of widows, wen i try to run it...
&
but i din't understand wot u mean by "BY PUTTING A 32 BIT VARIETY IN THE FOLDER 5PROGRAM5X86° AND A 64 BIT IN THE 'PROGRAMS° FOLDERS IT AVOIDS ANY DIFFICULTIES OF WHICH BIT TO USE" ... kindly make it more clear...

Some computers are 32 bit (electronics,) some are 64 bit.
Software also comes in 32 bit form and also in 64 bit form.
Normally 64 bit computers can run either 32 or 64 bit software. 32 bit computers cannot run 64 bit software;

In windows 7 32 bit software programs are usually stored in the 'program files (x86)' folder and the 64 bit software are in the native 'program files' folder.(these are different folders!)

So the processor is normally directed to the 64 bit software in a 64 bit machine, if however it can't run that or if it cant find that program name of the software, it will then try the 32 bit folder to see if there is a program there that it can run.

It is always also possible the author of the program may have omitted or made an error and this sill usually give an error message and sometimes the error message that you have. Error messages are not always what they seem.... they come from a long history and only give an indication and not a definition of what is wrong.
BOL
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.