i recently purchased a new asus laptop. about once in every 5 times i turn it on, a blue screen would appear and i have to force shut down and boot it up again. where should i begin to check for the source of this problem??

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3808b0 fffff800`03456000 fffff800`03a3f000 0x005e9000 0x4e02aaa3 6/22/2011 9:53:23 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

it's saying that driver is the cause?

the log from blue screen viewer log has more info in it i think

==================================================
Dump File : 013112-16395-01.dmp
Crash Time : 1/31/2012 6:18:43 PM
Bug Check String : CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug Check Code : 0x000000f4
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0ab2eb30
Parameter 3 : fffffa80`0ab2ee10
Parameter 4 : fffff800`037ce8b0
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\013112-16395-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 281,832
==================================================

you mean like this?

you mean like this?

this is what ntoskrnl.exe is for ,very important this is a copy paste from Wikipedia .

ntoskrnl.exe (and ntkrnlpa.exe on systems with Physical Address Extension support) is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the Kernel and Executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the Cache Manager, the Executive, the Kernel, the Security Reference Monitor, the Memory Manager, and the Scheduler, among other things.

you can check this site ,to run the startup fix ,if no results do the memory scan and or the disk check i suggest below .
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

So this is what i suggest !!!
because it manages ram you should do a scan of your ram for errors i suggest using memtest86,run it for at least a few hrs ,download the ISO file and burn the image to cd and boot computer with the cd in the drive and it will run the test on bootup
www.memtest86.com . direct download link to the iso file , http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-4.0a.iso.zip
if no errors, then i suggest going into windows ,go to [my]Computer ,right click on the harddrive icon,go properties /tools ,error checking ,make sure it checked off "automatic check system errors "click ok and it will ask to reboot computer to run the scan,reboot ,good luck

ok i just ran the startup repair, it's saying no problems were found. i'm getting started on the memory test as soon as i can.

In my evaluation there might be a set of reasons why the Blue Screen error comes out, to the point that I don’t make out any aspect of your issues, I can right now report to you to reinstall your operating system. You must attempt to reinstall the OS using a bootable CD/ DVD after formatting the concerned separation

In my evaluation there might be a set of reasons why the Blue Screen error comes out, to the point that I don’t make out any aspect of your issues, I can right now report to you to reinstall your operating system. You must attempt to reinstall the OS using a bootable CD/ DVD after formatting the concerned separation

you translating software was a little off ,but not bad

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.