Okay, well i have recently changed from Windows Vista to Windows Xp Home Basic now i can't connect to the internet on my desktop. I reinstalled it but i cant connect to the internet my ethernet adapter is Accton EN1208 Model with the drivers installed. I dont even have a local are connection in my "Show All Connections" place i neew help it say This device is not working properly Code 10 plz help anyone I connected the cable from the router to the computer but nothing shows help plz ty.My computer is a HP a6200t My router is a dsl modem, my modem is perfect but my comp cant cannot to the internet im on my laptop for now ty vm to whoever can help me :)

R the drivers FOR XP or Vista?
Short of a bad cable connection somewhere, code 10 usually means "No drivers installed" or the wrong ones. Could also mean that the device itself is disabled for some reason such as a port or IRQ conflict.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.