Hey does anyone know how a guy (not me lol) that has a reseller can give his customers access to whm

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Be awfully difficult, I'd say, given that the official website lists Windows support as "In development"

http://www.cpanel.net/

Hey does anyone know how a guy (not me lol) that has a reseller can give his customers access to whm

Presuming you are talking about your mate has a resellers hosting account, from some other hosting company? Then its impossible, if you want to supply resellers, he has to get himself a dedicated server.

If you are reffering to running it off a home machine, then windows will not be able to accomodate your needs with cpanel, although do a search for helm and plesk, because they are windows based, supporting windows 2000 core I believe, and can be configured easily with IIS, they offer free trials I think of their software. If you wish to use cpanel and have a linux home system then cpanel is incredibly expensive to purchase, and I'm sure you wouldn't be able to afford it. Check prices at cpanel.net.

if you are on a server with cPanel installed, only top hosts (owners) and resellers will (and should) have access to WHM.
You would only really give customers access to cPanel(pro) as a general rule.
Otherwise set them up a suitable package and give them access to it via port 2086 as opposed to the cPanel port 2082.
Assuming a default install setup of course.

If OS = Windows, ignore the above.
Infact, ignore me...

Yes a reseller can not resell a resellers account and give whm access.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.