I have installed a router to share internet, it works but now the rest of the network doesn't work. The IP addresses all ping OK but I cannot access the files from one computer to the other. Before, with a switch, I could access the files but couldn't share internet. Have run network setup wizard several times on each computer, the default gateway is the same on all computers. I need some help on where to look.

Thanks;
jeffb51

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Could you give a little more inforation about your setup. How many PC's? What OS? What kind of router? Any custom routes?

3 computers running windows xp pro, wired connection through a Trendware 10/100 4 Port DSL Router, no special connections.
THanks;
jeffb51

I have one fixed database softwer in foxpro dos version 2.6 running inventory in 20 computers which have fixed tcpip class b network and now i have been connected by broadband router for internet how do i share this internet without disturbing my orginal tcpip setting

3 computers running windows xp pro, wired connection through a Trendware 10/100 4 Port DSL Router, no special connections.
THanks;
jeffb51

Hooked to the Trendware can you ping the other computers?

I have one fixed database softwer in foxpro dos version 2.6 running inventory in 20 computers which have fixed tcpip class b network and now i have been connected by broadband router for internet how do i share this internet without disturbing my orginal tcpip setting

How were you sharing your connection before? Switch? Hub? What kind of Broadband connection, DSL, Cable, FiOS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.