I have installed a router to share internet, it works but now the rest of the network doesn't work. The IP addresses all ping OK but I cannot access the files from one computer to the other. Before, with a switch, I could access the files but couldn't share internet. Have run network setup wizard several times on each computer, the default gateway is the same on all computers. I need some help on where to look.

Thanks;
jeffb51

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Freaktech

Could you give a little more inforation about your setup. How many PC's? What OS? What kind of router? Any custom routes?

3 computers running windows xp pro, wired connection through a Trendware 10/100 4 Port DSL Router, no special connections.
THanks;
jeffb51

I have one fixed database softwer in foxpro dos version 2.6 running inventory in 20 computers which have fixed tcpip class b network and now i have been connected by broadband router for internet how do i share this internet without disturbing my orginal tcpip setting

3 computers running windows xp pro, wired connection through a Trendware 10/100 4 Port DSL Router, no special connections.
THanks;
jeffb51

Hooked to the Trendware can you ping the other computers?

I have one fixed database softwer in foxpro dos version 2.6 running inventory in 20 computers which have fixed tcpip class b network and now i have been connected by broadband router for internet how do i share this internet without disturbing my orginal tcpip setting

How were you sharing your connection before? Switch? Hub? What kind of Broadband connection, DSL, Cable, FiOS?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.