I have read most of the non-connectivity resolutions, but so far, either I did not correctly follow the instruction or the suggestion did not work.

I have un-installed Norton;
At properties un-clicked the IPv6 box indicator (and clicked it back)

But to no avail.

So, if someone out there has similiar on ongoing problems and/or with a resolution, please let me know. It worked fine on the current wireless network Linksys (Cisco) and on another, yet now it will not function ( I just moved my residence..same internet provider)

AND LASTLY, I REALLY DON'T LIKE VISTA..I HAVE MY DESKTOP WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL. CAN I INSTALL THAT PROGRAM AND HAVE WIRELESS?

Thanks/Randy in Spain

Is this the only system on your network?

You probably didn't get the router set up properly. Un-plug your modem (and battery back-up if there is one), plug it back in, do the same for the router and it will work. If you set them up in the wrong order the modem wont recognize the router.

As far as installing XP, you probably can if you have the disk. But you can only have it on one system at a time and to make it legal you have to take the COA sticker with the serial number off of the other system and secure it to your case. If it's an "OEM" copy you'll probably have to call microsoft to complete the activation since the hardware will change too much to go automatically.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.