Hey all, I just recieved a 2701HG-G router, and am having some difficulty getting it to work.

It's all setup, but one of two things will happen. Either I get re-directed to a page telling me that there is no connection, even though I can see all the other local computers on this res-network, and I am able to access the routers software, but ultimatly no internet. Then, if I run the Xp or Vista connection repair options (I have tried on both computers, same problem) suddenly I will get internet, yet I will be totally unable to access any of the routers settings; it's default IP will not load, I can't get to it in any way.

Is there a way I can get both to work... as in have actual access to the router and have internet connectivity? It's either or at this point...and I need to be able to access it to configure everything.

Thanks,
Adrian

What ip address is showing up in the network connections in xp when you can get online.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.