Hello everyone, I have a question, Is it possible to have 2 computers share the same internet connection. In this I mean that is it possible that computer A can be connected to the internet and computer B connected to computer A and then be able to access the internet ?

Simply can computer A act as a sort of a network access gate for computer B ?

If this is so, can someone tell me step by step how to :
-Connect the two.
-Confirm the connection.
-Use the shared internet connection.
-(And anything else that I might need).

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

router + working internet signal

huhu..

I have a netgear router. Computer A ( which is connected ) uses a wireless network.
But I'll try your suggestions first.

I managed to connect computer A and computer B together. I just had to alter some properties. Now the half of the problem has gone away but the other half remains. Every time I connect the two, the computer with the wireless connection loses the wireless connection, is there any way I can solve this ?

I managed to connect computer A and computer B together. I just had to alter some properties. Now the half of the problem has gone away but the other half remains. Every time I connect the two, the computer with the wireless connection loses the wireless connection, is there any way I can solve this ?

Hey guys, the mission ended with success. I managed to connect and network both computers, then use internet connection sharing to access the internet from both computers. It was a major breakthrough. I thank everyone for their support. I also thank the Lord because if He had said no it wouldn't have worked. Thank You God.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.