Hello,

I am located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I have two offices branches in Jeddah city.

In (office 1) I have 1MB internet connection along with it I have the following Public IP address range.

.115 and so on till

All these public IP’s are reachable from outside Saudi Arabia also with in Saudi arabia. I also have a cisco router in my (office 1).

At the other branch that is say (office 2). I have a range of Public IP addresses as

.147 and so on till

There is no internet connection at (office 2) only I have the above mentioned IP addresses range.

These IP addresses at (office 2) are only reachable if some one tries to ping them from with in Saudi Arabia. But they are not reachable from the internet users worldwide that is outside Saudi Arabia. I also have another router at (office 2).

I would like to know is it possible to configure at router in office 1, and some configuration at router in office 2
so that if my partner who is located in Germany and wanted to reach the IP 213.210.204.146 that is the range at office 2, he can reach via the router at (office 1) where I have the internet connectivity.

Is it possible by NAT or by Access Lists. Please guide me how can this be done as I am having routers at both branches. What configuration is to be done in routers at both offices to accomplish this task.

Thanks & regards,
wajeeh

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can use static or dynamic routes

You can tell your router if he pings say your Eth 0/1 to forward it out your Serial 0/0

If you went with dynamic you could have your internet fowarded to your office two. A static would only allow a certain ip address to connect. If you go with dynamic you can set an ACL access control list or extended ACL to block certain ports or ips etc.

if you wanted a range you use wildcard bits so if you wanted all addresses you would use 0.0.0.0 if you wnated a specific one 255.255.255.255 or all address for a network number 255.255.255.0. Just search for the command ip route on ciscopedia if you have it. It's relativley easy if you have the syntax

There is no internet connection at (office 2) only I have the above mentioned IP addresses range.

How are the two offices connected? How are people in Saudi Arabia able to see the second set of IPs if they are not connected to the internet or another network with an internet connection?

How are the two offices connected? How are people in Saudi Arabia able to see the second set of IPs if they are not connected to the internet or another network with an internet connection?

you can use a static or dynamic route If they can send info to say the routers serial then they route that info to the other router which connects to the internet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.