Hi, in my pc I have 2 icons of local area connections. 1st icon is coonected my ethernet adaptor and 2rd icon connected to my modem. Firstly is tht the 1st icons tht connected to my modem have limited connectivity but the 2rd tht have my modem have internet connectivity. I also chk my device manager tht it's seen tht this 2 networks have added into the network adaptor which I'm sure tht 2rd icon is my modem, not a network adaptor. this have caused unaccessible for my internet. what shall I do with this? Pls advise. thk u in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

how do you connect to internet? by your ethernet or modem? if you just misconfigure your settings.. try to do system restore.. check if it will help...

I connected to ethernet and connect to modem so tht's the case. if do system restore, most of files will be lost.

could I do a bridge connection for bth icons???

Select the local area connection that is not working and press delete from the key board.To use both adsl modem and lan you need another lan port.attach a lan card in the PCI slot.change its ip address accordingly.

thk alot :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.