i have a wireless router(zyxel prestige 660HW-61 ADSL 2+) right now i have connected the router directly to switch to share the internet connection,so that both wireless laptop guys and desktop guys could access the net as well as access each other.
Now I need to share the internet connection thru any one of the desk top for all desktop users as well i would like to install proxy server.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

the whole point is you plug the ethernet port of your broadband modem into the WAN port in the router so that anyone can use it anytime

that should work fine

the whole point is you plug the ethernet port of your broadband modem into the WAN port in the router so that anyone can use it anytime

that should work fine

Thank you for your quick reply.
my ADSL 2+ wireless router doesn't have WAN port(adsl telephone line is directly connected to router). wan ip of router:192.168.1.1

i have a wireless router(zyxel prestige 660HW-61 ADSL 2+) right now i have connected the router directly to switch to share the internet connection,so that both wireless laptop guys and desktop guys could access the net as well as access each other.
Now I need to share the internet connection thru any one of the desk top for all desktop users as well i would like to install proxy server.

how to set lan to wireless...i have laptop with wireless...i dont know how to set ip addrees...i want base on my laptop then my pc can connect internet from my laptop....

Why would you want to do that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.