Hi All,

I am hoping that someone can help me with my WRT54G wireless router. I Comcast is my ISP, and I pay for about 12 Mbps. When I plug my computer (PC running Vista) directly into the router or modem I get about 8 Mbps, which is great. However, when I try to use the network wirelessly it slows all the way down to .5 Mbps. I know its not a problem with my individual computer because the network is VERY slow on my girlfriends computer as well and because I can connect to my neighbor's wireless network and get about 5-6 Mbps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

HELP!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by garthparties

Maybe it is interference. Have you tried changing the channel or repositioning the antenna?

Does the location make a difference to the connection speed? eg. is the connection speed the same 1 meter away as it is about 10 meters away?

Hi Xlphos,

Thanks for responding. I have changed the channels, and that doesn't help. Neither does repositioning the antennae.

Location doesn't make much of a difference because my apartment is pretty small, so I'm not more than 10 yards away at any time.

Any other ideas?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.