If I upgrade my WRT150N wirelessly will it lock me out? Or do I have to be wired to setup?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

As a rule of thumb I always do everything on a router through a LAN connection because of this, but it won't lock you out completely [most likely] (I've done this on a WRTG model). Just use the generic log-in (admin, admin). If at all possible stay on a land line though... as this is a possible scenario (you could experience the dreaded "brick wall" syndrome because of improper flashing or faulty software).

If you're fortunate enough to have bought this recently... you can return it without saying anything about the flashing process (not always the case though).

thx for your reply
I have upgraded the original firmware wirelessly before, I was just wondering if there would be some kink that wouldn't allow me to get back into the router after install.

But if it goes into defaults maybe I'd be ok?

Ya the DD-WRT firmware should go into defaults as far as I know. I know they have had some trouble in the past of not doing so, but it has been some time since then. Possibly they went into linux default (admin, root)?... but I can't be certain of that... as with any flashing of 3rd party software there is a certain amount of risk you take.

Well I did it, no problems. Sweet

Could someone tell me which DD-WRT or Tomato to download for a linksys router WRT54GR running on Win XP ? If you have reliable links I would be very grateful too. Thanks for any contribution

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.