I have IE with XP, and wireless capability. Although the computer establishes a stable wireless connection, when I open IE it will not recognize the connection. It does work with AOL, however. I have tried three different unsecured wireless networks. Any suggestions? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Some additional info about your setup would help. How you connect, physical setup, router, etc.

Some additional info about your setup would help. How you connect, physical setup, router, etc.

Yes- having that information will allow us to give you more specific and accurate suggestions.

I have a similar problem with the radio link dropping out. The wifi modem router is Netgear (834G). The three PCs networked are Dell 4300; two have Belkin Cards and one has a Netgear card. Droputs happen at random intervals and left to itself the system will reconnect after an hour or so. All three cards report good to excellent signals and then suddenly report no signal. I use the same router in my workshop without these problems. Previously this system had a Belkin wifi modem router but the signal strengths were much lower with one PC not working at all. The same dropout problem occurred.It looks more and more like the problem is with the PC operating system (windows XP home) or the Dell machine.

I have a similar problem with the radio link dropping out. Droputs happen at random intervals and left to itself the system will reconnect after an hour or so.

This actually sounds like a different problem than lenh´s. I suggest opening up another thread and, when you do, tell us about the environment between the wireless components in detail.

I suggest opening up another thread and, when you do, tell us about the environment between the wireless components in detail.

Yes.

Hi lammerlaws_kid, welcome to DaniWeb! :)

To avoid confusion, we do ask that members who need assistance start their own thread rather than "tagging" their questions on to a thread belonging to another member. Being new to this site, you should have a read through our posting guidelines to get acquainted with our general forum policies:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.